Wkhtmltopdf issue

i deployed my streamlit app on streamlit cloud using github, and am using pdfkit to convert a html string to pdf, on my local machine this works fine, but when i try to print the pdf i get a permission denied error:

PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/app/app/wkhtmltopdf.exe’

how can i solve this permission issue,
thanks in advance

You are probably trying to run a windows executable, this will not work, because streamlit cloud is a linux debian based environment.

so if i found a way to run a debian file instead of an exe file it should probably work? is there another way to configure wktohtml to my github repo?

i replaced the .exe file with the .deb file, and i configured the correct path to this file, and it still shows the same error, Permission Denied:

PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘./wkhtmltox_0.12.6.1-2.bullseye_amd64.deb’

No, that’s not how it works, you can’t just copy executable files to the Streamlit Cloud environment.
Additional binary packages - if available in the debian repository - have to be installed via the packages.txt file.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.