I’m having trouble to reproduce this here. Maybe it is some timeout on the streamlit side? Depending on the size of your data, grid can take a while to load. What’s your use case?
v 0.1.9 is out. Fixes some bugs.
Thanks a lot.
But ideally I try to get my grid’s size adjusted perfectly to my dataframe’s size …
Is it possible though ?
I believe a combination of column width and streamlit beta_columns may do the layout job.
Sorry Pablo to bother again: even though Ag-Grid is working ok on my personal computer, I’m facing issues with my corporate laptop:
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘st_aggrid’
Even after installing ‘streamlit-aggrid’ with pip, I can not run st_aggrid at all …
Any thoughts about this ?
whats the output of your pip list? Are you sure package is installed? Are you using virtual environments?
=> ‘Requirement already satisfied: streamlit-aggrid’
No I’m not using virtual environments.
I’m experiencing a similar issue. Actually even stranger because:
- it works all fine on my local machine
- it works all fine for me running the app on a docker container on a server
- my colleague experiences this issue while accessing the app from 2.
I suspect this issue is related to streamlit component framework… the grid serializes all data as json… maybe if it is too heavy, it triggers some kind of timeout? Whats the size of the data you’re rendering? A little help from the devs would be nice!
I don’t think it’s a size issue in my case because it’s rendering 3-4 rows. And unfortunately I can’t reproduce the error because it’s been working fine for me. But not for other people. Very strange.
I’m having trouble reproducing it as well. It never happened to me
Hi, I am having the same issue, fine on my local, but running in docker on AWS I sometimes get the same problem, often on first time app run. I will see if I can create an example I can share, thanks
Your app is having trouble loading the st_aggrid.agGrid component.
(The app is attempting to load the component from * , and hasn’t received its “streamlit:componentReady”* message.)
- If this is a development build, have you started the dev server?
- If this is a release build, have you compiled the frontend?
Sorry Pablo, but I have another two problems.
- I have again the error when try to open a df with nan value.
- If I have df with a column with lists, if i try to modify any cell and then I save the new dataframe, the column with list is converted in string. A big problem
Are you using 0.1.9? Nan bug was fixed…
Regarding lists inside cells, the grid won’t convert it back… (what if the items inside the list are objects?)
Can you share your code?
I like this!
Have you got the Streamlit code for these nested rows?
It would be good to know how to get rid of “…” and to show a full string instead.
One possible approach is hovering over a cell and showing a tooltip. It would be good to know how to configure such a tooltip.
It should be easy as setting tooltipField property on column definition.
@PablocFonseca Thank you, Pablo! It works.
Let me raise the “Your app is having trouble loading the st_aggrid.agGrid component.” also.
Let me mention what I was able to notice so far.
- It looks like the problem never happens while running the app on localhost and opening it in a local browser.
- I am using EC2 instance. So I am able to face the problem from time to time.
- I am not sure that this happens when the grid is really big. It was happening with small grids also.
I’m wondering is there any possibility that I can show selected rows once the aggrid component shows in web page?