Announcing Theming for Streamlit apps! 🎨

Hey @jose-applesox,

Thanks for letting us know, I just messaged the team to let them know.

Happy Streamlit-ing!
Marisa

Hi there, I’ve been trying to use my custom theme using the config.toml file, however I can only see the change happen locally, but when I push my changes to my github repo, I dont see the change happen on my share.streamlit app. I don’t even see an option to select a custom theme on the hosted streamlit app. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

See app here

hey @Kevin_Baumann,

I think you must have resolved this? When i visit your app I see a custom theme and its the default that your app uses for visitors:

Happy Streamlit-ing!
Marisa

2 Likes

Hello All,

I was trying to set light mode by default, tested locally and when deployed in server default it is considering as system settings.

I have created .streamlit/config.toml and gave below inputs
[theme]
base=“light”
primaryColor="#F63366"
backgroundColor="#FFFFFF"
secondaryBackgroundColor="#F0F2F6"
textColor="#262730"
font=“sans serif”

After deployment the app still using system settings as default. May i know how to overcome this issue.
Thanks

Hello!

Is there a way to get whether we are in dark mode or not? This would be useful to customize the appearance of certain objects accordingly
Thank you

1 Like

Bumping this question – I included some custom CSS to zebra-stripe tables, but it looks bad in dark mode. The ideal state would be to be able to use the theme custom CSS variables (e.g. var(–secondary-background-color)) in my custom CSS, but barring that I’d love to be able to access the user’s current theme.