Before clicking “Create Topic”, please make sure your post includes the following information (otherwise, the post will be locked).
- Share the link to the public deployed app.
- Share the link to your app’s public GitHub repository (including a requirements file).
- Share the full text of the error message (not a screenshot).
- Share the Streamlit and Python versions.
All latest versions
I notice that on the deployed app, sometimes when I click the button, it shows “running” on the top right bar but nothing changes after a few seconds. I re-clicked several times, and it would work. I don’t have this issue when I am testing locally. Is it due to the limited memory of deploying on Streamlit cloud?
Which button? I clicked the register and login buttons and they worked as I was expecting.
I don’t think so, you would be seeing an error message instead of the UI of your application.
So @Goyo, I wonder, What was the solution for @liu431 problem?. I’m experiencing a similar situation when pressing a button. My button shall transfer some of my widgets inputs to a Google Sheet. But I have inconsistences. Sometimes works and sometimes it just ignores the click. I even added a verification step to make sure the google sheet was indeed updated and re-do the click process in case the data is not being transferred. But again, sometimes works, sometimes it does not.
It is worth mentioning that this never happens to me when I execute the app locally.
I just ran the application and I didn’t see anythng like what the OP says, that was all.
Suggestions for debugging your issue,
- If local and streamlit cloud deployment behave different, look for differences in versions of python and any packages. That may be where the problem is.
- Simplify your code to the bare minimum that still shows the issue. Often this process leads you to the solution.
- If this doesn’t work, share a link to your minimal application, so that other people can look at it.