Create two sidebars in multipage app

Hi Community,

I just went through the awesome feature of creating multi-page apps with ease based on this documentation:

Based on this I created similarly my multi-page application which currently has one sidebar as shown below

For my project, I have to create two sidebars which basically will have a few of pages for user input collection and another sidebar will be for visualization. Currently, I can only add two sidebars as a sub-page of my final page of the sidebar, which looks like this:

However, for this user need to come to last page which I have to unnecessarily create. I am looking for a solution which remove this dependency, so two sidebars co-exist from the beginning.

Looking forward to hearing your feedbacks.

Best regards,
Debayan

I may be misunderstanding your use case, but what about a button or toggle in the sidebar that toggles between โ€œShow Results!โ€ and โ€œChange Input.โ€ If a user changes the input selection, the app would automatically load that input page and go into input mode. The button in the sidebar would say โ€œShow Results!โ€ so the user could click it when they are done inputting. On a results view, the button would be available to say โ€œChange Inputโ€ to go back into input mode.

Hi @mathcatsand , I understand what you suggested, but it will still be only one sidebar which dynamically changes. What I prefer for, two static sidebars from the beginning.

Hi @DebayanPaul93, I dont think you can have 2 sidebar in Streamlit (as yet). However, you can experiment with 1 sidebar and 1 option bar to see if it gives you the desired functionality.

Option bar links:

1. hydralit-components ยท PyPI
  2. Streamlit-option-menu is a simple Streamlit component that allows users to select a single item from a list of options in a menu - #2 by andfanilo

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.