Deploy an application using a r package

Hi,

I want to deploy an app using this library: CRAN - Package httk

I am trying to put in packages something like r-cran-httk, but it doesn’t work, could you help me please?

Thanks

Hi @PARODBE,

I’m not familiar with httk but have you checked @dataprofessor’s repo? It shows how to use R in a Streamlit app.

Best,
Charly

1 Like

Hi @PARODBE

As @Charly_Wargnier had pointed out, I’ve made a tutorial video showing how to run R right inside a Streamlit app.

To install R packages, you can insert the name of the R cran package name inside the packages.txt file. As shown in the video, the file looks like the following:

r-base
r-base-dev
r-cran-ggplot2
r-cran-cowplot

Thus, for your use case it can be something like:

r-base
r-base-dev
r-cran-httk

Next, you’ll have to run the R code which in the tutorial we’ve run R from the command line directly from the .R file.

Hope this helps!

Thank you @Charly_Wargnier and @dataprofessor for your reply. I watch a lot of your videos @dataprofessor since I am PhD candidate in computational toxicology! Nice to talk with you…and yes…I put r-cran-httk such as you point out and it doesn’t work (in my local environment I don’t have any problem). Please, have you attempted to deploy a simple app putting in packeges.txt r-cran-httk? the error is: E: Unable to locate package r-cran-httk

Could you help me, please?

Thanks
Pablo

1 Like

Hi @dataprofessor , my problem persists…and I’ve read in other issue that the problem was solved, but I don’t understand well how they did it: R package (mirt) cannot be installed during deployment

how I can install a package to a writable location in streamlit…Could you provide me your code please?

Thanks!
Pablo