Deployment Issues due to llvmlite

Hello, I am using an environment.yml file to deploy my streamlit app. I am getting the error as follows:

Pip subprocess error:

ERROR: Cannot uninstall ‘llvmlite’. It is a distutils installed project and thus we cannot accurately determine which files belong to it which would lead to only a partial uninstall.

CondaEnvException: Pip failed

[manager] installer returned a non-zero exit code

[manager] Error during processing dependencies! Please fix the error and push an update, or try restarting the app.

I have attached my repo for further inspection: GitHub - kuninethan95/Sentiment_Tracker

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @kunin.ethan95, welcome to the Streamlit community!

Based on the Github link, it looks like you are using a requirements.txt file, which installed via pip. Additionally, you have 200+ packages you’re specifying the versions of, some of which appear to be referencing specific directories on your local computer.

My recommendation would be to remove all dependencies from that file, and start by specifying only those packages you are actually calling from your script. pipreqs can be a great help to generate that file for you, if you don’t want to manually specify it.

Best,
Randy

1 Like

Thank you!! That worked.

1 Like