Drop down in dataframe

Hello everybody!

I am creating an app which loads a dataframe and finds similar text values from another dataframe. It returns a new column in the loaded dataframe with a list of the found text values. For the user to select the right value, i want the cell to be a dropdown. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Hi @Benvk, if you are planning to use aggrid, thereโ€™s an example at this link: Ag-grid editable table, one column is a dropdown selection - #2 by Shawn_Pereira

Cheers

1 Like

Hi @Shawn_Pereira thanks for the reply.
Instead of using the values like dropdownlst = (โ€˜Aโ€™, โ€˜Bโ€™, โ€˜Cโ€™), i want those values in the drop down to be my list. The list is different per cell, do you know if thatโ€™s a possibility in the current build?

186c1717b9e2a302db5e5f094a5c8555

So for example i want the values in the column โ€˜matchesโ€™ to be a drop down instead of all in 1 cell

Cheers

Aaah, now I understand. You want the text in the matches column to be the data for the drop down, to appear in the posting_id column, a dynamic drop-down for each row.

It could possibly be done internally with JavaScript using aggrid.

Will have to try it out. Will do so first thing tomorrow morning.

Cheers

1 Like

Hi @Shawn_Pereira did you find the time to look into this?
If not thatโ€™s fine aswell!

Thanks

Not yet. Tried some code, but it didnโ€™t work. Will let you know if I can come up with a solution.

Cheers

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.