ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pywin32

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pywin32==301 (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for pywin32==301
WARNING: You are using pip version 21.1.1; however, version 21.1.3 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the '/home/appuser/venv/bin/python -m pip install --upgrade pip' command.

My app can not be deployed. Below is my app link:

I already upgrade below in PyCharm terminal:
(venv) C:\Users\zoujo\Documents\PyCharm>py -m pip install --upgrade pip
Requirement already satisfied: pip in c:\users\zoujo\documents\pycharm\venv\lib\site-packages (21.1.3)

(venv) C:\Users\zoujo\Documents\PyCharm>py -m pip install pywin32==301
Requirement already satisfied: pywin32==301 in c:\users\zoujo\documents\pycharm\venv\lib\site-packages (301)

Please help on it. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @zoujojo, welcome to the Streamlit community!! :wave: :partying_face:

The pywin32 module provides access to many of the Windows APIs from Python. Apps deployed to Streamlit Sharing are executed in a Linux environment. As such, pywin32 fails to install on non-Windows systems, including Streamlit Sharing.

To fix the error, remove both pywin32 and pywinpty from lines 72 and 73 of your requirements.txt file.

Make sure to upload any datasets (including California_Fire_Incidents.csv) used in your app to the GitHub repo.

Happy Streamlit’ing! :balloon:
Snehan

3 Likes

could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pywin32==303
no matching distribution found for pywin32==303

i am getting this error at time of deploying my app. Anyone plz help me to resolve…

I didn’t have this pywin package in the requirements.txt also but still it’s raising this kind of error

This is a windows-specific package which cannot be installed/used on streamlit cloud, which is based on linux debian.

Then you probably have another package that has pywin32 as dependency.

If you show us your github repo, we can have a look.

Pls check my repo…

The error message cannot originate from this repo, there are no pywin32 dependencies.

Is there anything wrong in dockerfile. Could u please check it…

While building docker image… I got this error. I have checked Docker and requirements.txt files … But i didn’t find any pywin dependencies. But it still gives me the error

could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pywin32==303
no matching distribution found for pywin32==303