Error installing requirements --> No terminal output available, no Manage App button

Hi!
I’m trying to deploy my app to share.streamlit for the first time.
I get the error
Error installing requirements
But am not seeing the Terminal output, nor a button Manage App . I guess I’ll need this to know what the problem is. What’s going wrong? Any help? Thanks!

Your requirements.txt is probably bloated with unnecessary packages or with packages that are not compatible with the streamlit sharing runtime os. Only include the necessary packages for your project.

2 Likes

Hi @MarkTensenSgt, welcome to the Streamlit community! :wave: :partying_face:

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble deploying your app on Streamlit Sharing. Do you not see the terminal output after refreshing the tab and/or rebooting the app?

I cloned your app and deployed to Sharing. Here’s what is causing the error:

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement dataclasses==0.8 (from versions: 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.6)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for dataclasses==0.8

From some cursory reading, it looks like the dataclasses project on PyPi requires Python 3.6. For versions Python 3.7 and upwards, the dataclasses module is included with Python and does not have to be installed separately.

As you don’t seem to be using most packages in your requirements.txt, I’ve cleaned it up to include only the following:

nbdt==0.0.4
numpy
torch==1.8.1
torchvision==0.9.1

I’ve also removed from IPython.display import display from main.py since it is unused in the app. Making these changes leads to a successful deployment! :rocket:

Let us know if removing dataclasses==0.8 from your requirements file helps!

Happy Streamlit-ing! :balloon:
Snehan

2 Likes

Wow thanks for the quick fix, breakdown, and best practices. I didn’t see the terminal output, even after refreshing, and deploying again. Maybe it was an issue with google chrome? Streamlit is very cool though!

2 Likes