Error running app: Failed to download the sources for repository

I am getting the below error while trying to wake up my app.

[20:04:58] πŸ–₯ Provisioning machine...
[20:05:00] πŸŽ› Preparing system...
[20:05:00] β›“ Spinning up manager process...
[20:05:02] πŸ–₯ Provisioning machine...
[20:05:07] πŸŽ› Preparing system...
[20:05:03] πŸš€ Starting up repository: 'imageworkdesk', branch: 'master', main module: 'app.py'
[20:05:03] πŸ™ Cloning repository...
[20:05:09] β›“ Spinning up manager process...
[20:05:03] πŸš€ Starting up repository: 'imageworkdesk', branch: 'master', main module: 'app.py'
[20:05:03] πŸ™ Cloning repository...
[20:05:53] πŸ™ Failed to download the sources for repository: 'imageworkdesk', branch: 'master', main module: 'app.py'
[20:05:53] πŸ™ Make sure the repository and the branch exist and you have write access to it, and then reboot the app.
[20:07:34] ❗️ Streamlit server consistently failed status checks
[20:07:34] ❗️ Please fix the errors, push an update to the git repo, or reboot the app.

App URL: Streamlit (imageworkdesk.streamlit.app)

Nothing has changed in the repository since the app was last up. I’ve tried rebooting multiple times, and even pushed an empty commit to trigger rebuild.

Can someone please help? :pleading_face:

The same thing happened to my project. :pensive:
https://nanomed-emcm.streamlit.app/

Hey @SiddhantSadangi and @jpbraz,

Thanks for flagging this! Just to rule out any issues with the connection between Streamlit Community Cloud and your GitHub account, can you temporarily disconnect your Community Cloud account from your GitHub account (via the β€œSettings” menu in the top right corner), and then reconnect the two?

No luck :frowning:

[14:14:46] πŸ–₯ Provisioning machine...
[14:14:47] πŸŽ› Preparing system...
[14:14:47] β›“ Spinning up manager process...
[14:14:50] πŸ–₯ Provisioning machine...
[14:14:55] πŸŽ› Preparing system...
[14:15:00] β›“ Spinning up manager process...
[14:14:56] πŸš€ Starting up repository: 'imageworkdesk', branch: 'master', main module: 'app.py'
[14:14:56] πŸ™ Cloning repository...
[14:14:56] πŸš€ Starting up repository: 'imageworkdesk', branch: 'master', main module: 'app.py'
[14:14:56] πŸ™ Cloning repository...
[14:15:46] πŸ™ Failed to download the sources for repository: 'imageworkdesk', branch: 'master', main module: 'app.py'
[14:15:46] πŸ™ Make sure the repository and the branch exist and you have write access to it, and then reboot the app.
[14:17:27] ❗️ Streamlit server consistently failed status checks
[14:17:27] ❗️ Please fix the errors, push an update to the git repo, or reboot the app.

Thanks for trying that! I’m sharing this issue with the Community Cloud engineering team and will let you know when I have an update

1 Like

Hey @SiddhantSadangi and @jpbraz,

Our engineering team has now resolved this issue for new apps, so if you redeploy your app, the error should go away (we’re in the process of resolving the issue for existing apps). Thanks for flagging this!

1 Like

Thanks @Caroline !

Redeploying might not be an option (I guess I’ll lose analytics and the domain?).
Can you please let us know once this is resolved for existing apps?

@SiddhantSadangi Your app is back up and running

1 Like

The same with my project.

Deploy stops on:
Failed to download the sources for repository: β€˜ypoemas’, branch: β€˜main’, main module: β€˜ypo.py’

Waiting for the β€œcomming solution”.

Thanks for warning.

Thank you so much! :hugs:

1 Like

All existing apps that were experiencing this issue have now been patched – please let me know if you’re still seeing this issue. Thanks!

Also just to close the loop on this, I checked with our engineering team, and you won’t lose the analytics if you re-deploy the app. The custom subdomain should also be available again immediately after you delete the app.

1 Like

ah… that’s useful to know.
Thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.