Error when import easyocr

After using easyocr lib with streamlit in local, everythings works fine. After trying to use the same code with streamlit cloud, I got an error :

import easyocr
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'easyocr'

I guess easyocr is not avalaible with streamlit cloud, however may be there is a solution to import lib not native with streamlit cloud. Any idea?

Hi @tanouar,

Thanks for posting!

It sounds like you didn’t include “easyocr” in your requirements.txt file. You probably have easyocr installed locally, which is why your app works when you run it locally. If you add the package to your requirements.txt file, this error should go away.

Caroline :balloon:

Hi @Caroline thank for the tips ! It helped to run the app. However after dependencies setup an error occurs and I’m stuck again. It’s look like something went wrong, the log says :

[20:59:15] 📦 Processed dependencies!
2022-08-04 20:59:40.265 CUDA not available - defaulting to CPU. Note: This module is much faster with a GPU.
2022-08-04 20:59:40.266 Downloading detection model, please wait. This may take several minutes depending upon your network connection.
[21:01:24] ❗️ Streamlit server consistently failed status checks
[21:01:24] ❗️ Please fix the errors, push an update to the git repo, or reboot the app.

I tryed to change parameters of easyocr but no effect and I still encounter this issue. Any help or idea is welcome

@Caroline After removing and re-install the app it’ working now ! An environnement reset was enough I guess :relieved: Tahnk you for your help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.