FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] "dot" not found in path

I tried to deploy my app on Streamlit share. But I ran into the error: FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] โ€œdotโ€ not found in path.

I was able to run the app just fine locally and have graphviz and pydot installed and added to the requirements.txt file on github. So I am not sure what went wrong here.

Can someone please help?

Can you provide a link to your GitHub repo that displays this behavior?

I am not able to share the github repo as it contains confidential information. I attached the screenshot with the error message below.

Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 12.13.14

I guess the problem here is how to install the actual Graphviz program on github?

No, nothing is installed on GitHub. I think that the path to the executable under the streamlit environment is either not set or needs to be set explicitly.

Can you elaborate more on how to set the path on a mac?

I am just guessing, you probably also have to install the binary dependency graphviz in the streamlit runtime by adding it to the packages.txt file:

graphviz

Hi @shuning3 ,

Did you manage to resolve this issue? I have the same problem and still get the same error despite following the solution in the thread.

andreas

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.