Getting some error in deploying my first streamlit app

Hey!! I am Gaurav. I have just started working with streamlit to deploy my first web app for my Movie-Recommender-system.

Link to my github repo : GitHub - gauravdev81/Movie-Recommender-System: This a ML based movie recommender system which gives the movie recommendation based on the selected movie by an user.

As I am a newbie so I need your help to resolve this error which says:

Error installing requirements.

Click “Manage App” and consult the terminal for more details.

If you still have questions, leave a message in our forums and we will get back to you ASAP.

Link to my streamlit app: https://movie-recommender-system-jghmbxy6lat3fpjt9mz4yz.streamlit.app/

Plzz hep!!
Thanks in advance.

Cleanup your requirements.txt file, it is crammed with unnecessary and uninstallable packages. This is probably all you need:

requirements.txt

pandas
streamlit
requests

try using pipreqs to automatically generate your requirements.txt and try to reboot the website again, should be working now, watch this article here for more information: How to Auto Generate requirements.txt (Dependencies) in Python - 3 examples

Hi!! after removing all the unnecessary files from the requirements.txt file most of the error messege got removed. Actually , I have file named similarity.pkl which is almost 176 MB large, I am trying to upload that file on the github so that I could move to the next process to check whether my app is working properly or not on Streamlit but I am unable to upload the file. As I always get messege “Git only allows file upto 100 MB”.

Is there any way out so that I could upload the similarity.pkl file as it is a very important file for the functioning of my app.

Please guide.

Thanks

Hello, you can refer to this article here

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.