Hosting a simple streamlit app on AWS Amplify?

Hi, I’m new to StreamLit. I have created a basic app to read and update data from a RedShift table using StreamLit and data_editor. I want to host this app on AWS Amplify for internal users to use.

I tried zipping the app.py file and requirements.txt file into a zip, and tried hosting it on AWS Amplify using manual deployment. The deployment is successful and it creates a domain, however when I click on the domain link, it says “This site can’t be reached - DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN”

What am I missing here? Any leads would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hi @hbkbora

It seems to be a DNS issue on the cloud server. I would recommend to dive into the AWS Amplify documentation (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/amplify/) or forum on specific information on troubleshooting the DNS configuration of the deployed app.

Here are related posts to get you started:

Thanks for your response. I’m not using any custom domain and seeking support from my org’s cloud support team regarding DNS issue.

Meanwhile, do I need to have any other file (build file) excluding app.py file and requirements.txt to Amplify for hosting? How does Amplify know how to run my streamlit application? Thank you!

Hi,

The Streamlit Docs has a dedicated section with several tutorials for deploying on various cloud platforms. Unfortunately, there’s not a specific one on AWS Amplify, though I’d recommend to have a look at several of these to identify which one is most similar to your cloud computing environment.

Hope this helps!

Please note that Amplify hosting service can only host static frontend application such as React, Angular, Vue, Next, etc. Amplify doesn’t spin up an application server to host long running instances. Thus Amplify hosting cannot be used directly to host Python application/files.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.