Integrating streamlit apps on webflow website with password + paywall (monetize ideas)

Hello,

I know Python and Streamlit and have created a website using webflow. But I am a total noob in data engineering/dev. for websites. I was wondering if the community could give me some rough guidelines on how to think/work on the following idea:

• On my website (using webflow) I would like to install a paywall with registering username and password.
  • This gives access to the website but also gives access to certain (not all) Streamlit applications I have developed. I guess itโ€™s not possible to integrate a Streamlit app on a Webflow site. I mean, like the user does not notice he gets redirected to another URL on the Streamlit cloud when clicking the link to the app?
  • Is it possible to link usernames and passwords generated through Webflow with streamlit applications?

Any ideas on how to start this up? If at all possible? Thank you so much. Sorry if this sounds obvious, but again Iโ€™m relatively new to website engineering with data applications.

Much love. Warm regards
H

Hi @hans

On your website created using webflow, you could embed a Streamlit app using iframe. In doing so the paywall would allow certain users to access the underlying Streamlit app.

There is a st.experimental_set_query_params method that allow you to set query parameters to your Streamlit app, more details here:

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chanin

Hello,

Thanks, I will try this out. Does this however still mean that the applications are public on the cloud and well-informed users of our site could find this out and surf to the URL of Streamlit cloud instead of through our site? If Iโ€™m not mistaken Iframe can be enlarged and users then end up on the streamlit cloud URL, no?

Thanks
Hans

Hi @hans, did you have any luck with this?
Iโ€™m also looking for a way to add a paywall.
Streamlit was recommended to me as an easy way to put up a website, but now Iโ€™m wondering how to monetize my apps. A friend suggested I try mecsimcalc (App Monetization | MecSimCalc Docs), have you heard about that before?

Sorry for all the questions, Iโ€™m very new to all this web development stuff!