ModuleNotFoundError, but the module is included in requirements.txt

Hey guys,

This is my first time ever trying to deploy a project to Streamlit and I’m running into a ModuleNotFoundError. Here are the links to my app and github.

Error message:

2023-11-12 02:44:19.230 Uncaught app exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/adminuser/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/streamlit/runtime/scriptrunner/script_runner.py", line 534, in _run_script
    exec(code, module.__dict__)
  File "/mount/src/recipe_recommendation/streamlit_app.py", line 7, in <module>
    from finding_scraps import *
  File "/mount/src/recipe_recommendation/finding_scraps.py", line 2, in <module>
    import nltk
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'nltk'

Python version: 3.10.0
Streamlit version: 1.28.1

Some solutions I’ve tried are (with no success):
-Having a public and private repo
-Using a requirements.txt file
-Using a Pipfile
-Checking for typos
-Unpinning nltk version in requirements file
-Clearing cache and rebooting app

I don’t think I’ve done these methods wrong? or maybe it’s something within my scripts? Either way any help is appreciated!

The traceback says Python 3.9. I will trust it more.

I forked at 08911a5 and deployed. No issue importing nltk. If rebooting doesn’t work, try redeploying.

I do not know why the traceback says Python 3.9 because when I ran “python --version” in terminal it said 3.10.0. Anyways, deployment worked when I rebooted the app and made no changes to my files! Thank you for the help.

Your terminal knows nothing about what you have in streamlit cloud.