Release date: October 1, 2019
- New hello.py showing off 4 glorious Streamlit apps. Try it out!
- Streamlit now automatically selects an unused port when 8501 is already in use.
Sidebar support is now out of beta! Just start any command with
- Performance improvements: we added a cache to our websocket layer so we no longer re-send data to the browser when it hasn’t changed between runs
Our “native” charts
st.bar_chartnow use Altair behind the scenes
- Improved widgets: custom st.slider labels; default values in multiselect
- The filesystem watcher now ignores hidden folders and virtual environments
- Plus lots of polish around caching and widget state management
- We have temporarily disabled support for sharing static “snapshots” of Streamlit apps. Now that we’re no longer in a limited-access beta, we need to make sure sharing is well thought through and abides by laws like the DMCA. But we’re working on a solution!