No module named "lxml"

File “/home/appuser/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/streamlit/scriptrunner/script_runner.py”, line 475, in _run_script

exec(code, module.__dict__)

File “/app/streamlit-apps/wacc.py”, line 6, in

import lxml

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘lxml’
Application

You can check following things:

1. lxml package is installed into the environment.
  2. Environment is activated before running streamlit run script_runner.py

If all this is done but still getting error please give a brief of what else you tried to resolve it.

Thank you for your answer. My code is running properly on my computer without any errors. The problem occurs when I try to upload it to the streamlit cloud.

here is the app in my localhost. But when I upload it to the cloud, I get this error:

I installed the lxml into the environment, but nothing changed

So I think you have misconfigured the app while creating app on Streamlit Cloud. Proof I tried your code and it works flawlessly. So delete that app on Streamlit Cloud maybe and create new one with following settings:

1. Select Your GItHub Repo.
  2. Check the branch name carefully. (It must be main)
  3. Your main file is wacc.py. Please check this very carefully as I think this is where you may have misspelled it. In your screenshot there is a warning Main module does not exist which is probably result of this final step.
  4. In Advanced I selected Python version 3.9 though I am using 3.10 on my local system.

Try this out, it should probably work as it did for me. I did not change a single line of code or requirements.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.