Npm install error

I’m attempting to follow the instructions to create create a bi-directional component available here, using React on Windows.

My setup is as follows:

• Streamlit 1.31.0
  • nodejs 20.11.0
  • npm 10.2.4
  • Windows 10

Steps I’ve taken:

1. Cloned the component-template GitHub repo
  2. In template/my_component/frontend, run npm install

I get the following error:

npm ERR! code ENOTDIR
npm ERR! syscall mkdir
npm ERR! path G:\Other computers\My Laptop\Documents\Work\Coding\st_component-template_2\template\my_component\frontend\node_modules\babel-jest\node_modules
npm ERR! errno -4052
npm ERR! ENOTDIR: not a directory, mkdir 'G:\Other computers\My Laptop\Documents\Work\Coding\st_component-template_2\template\my_component\frontend\node_modules\babel-jest\node_modules'

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in: C:\Users\phili\AppData\Local\npm-cache\_logs\2024-02-06T20_03_04_381Z-debug-0.log

I’ve posted the log contents here.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Hey @philipnye,

Is there a file called tmp in template/my_component/frontend? What happens if you delete tmp and then try to do npm install again? (related StackOverflow thread)

Hi Caroline.

Thanks - no, there isn’t. The only things in template/my_component/frontend are:

• public directory
  • src directory
  • .env
  • pretierrc
  • package.json
  • tsconfig.json

For info, yesterday morning I’d raised this as an issue on GitHub here. But any more help you’re able to offer here or there is appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Philip

If you move the project to a location where the path doesn’t contain spaces, do you still see the same error?

Thank you, that’s fixed it. I seem to have run into this issue, which I didn’t come across when I did a StackOverflow trawl.

I think it might be some combination of trying to run the script on Google Drive on Windows and spaces in the path - I tested and can get it to run on non-Google Drive directories that have spaces in the path.

Thanks very much for your help

Woo glad it’s working! :partying_face: I think that’s actually the StackOverflow thread where I got the idea :joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.