ODBC driver not getting installed in streamlit share

I’m facing an issue with my Streamlit share app that requires the ODBC Driver 18 for SQL Server. Initially, I added the driver ‘msodbcsql18’ to the packages.txt file, and my app was working smoothly. However, recently, it stopped working, and I encountered an error while trying to install the ODBC Driver.

The specific issue seems to arise during the installation process, where the driver installation prompts for user acceptance of some license terms. Unfortunately, as the Streamlit share app doesn’t have a terminal where I can interact with the installation process, I’m unable to provide the necessary input (i.e., ‘yes’ or ‘no’) to accept the license terms.

If you have any thoughts or suggestions on how to resolve this problem or have encountered a similar issue with ODBC Driver installations in Streamlit, please share your insights. I’m open to any ideas or solutions that could help me get my app back up and running.

Thank you all for your time and assistance.

Hey you can check out this Link and see if this helps!!

2 Likes

You can use pyodbc library according to the documentation

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.