Plot a bar chart using groupby function and plotly and streamlit

i am trying to plot a bar chart based on groupby function but once i try it crash and display the below error:

this error below appear when the user select 3 items from the multiselect widget.

ValueError: All arguments should have the same length. The length of argument color is 3, whereas the length of previously-processed arguments [โ€˜genderโ€™, โ€˜countโ€™] is 95

code:

some_columns_df = df.loc[:,['gender','country','city','hoby','company','status']]
some_collumns = some_columns_df.columns.tolist()

select_box_var= st.selectbox("Choose X Column",some_collumns)
multiselect_var= st.multiselect("Select Columns To GroupBy",some_collumns)  

test_g3 = df.groupby([select_box_var] + multiselect_var).size().reset_index(name='count')
fig = px.histogram(test_g3,x=select_box_var, y='count',color=multiselect_var ,barmode = 'group',text_auto = True)

I know the error is in the color parameter in the px.histogram

If Iโ€™m not mistaken, the function is expecting an entire series, where each distinct value in the series will get its own color. So instead of multiselect_var, you need to pick whatever the column name in test_g3 is, or make that available within the group_by statement that creates that dataframe.

Best,
Randy

I did not understand your answer i tried to use test_g3 for color it crash and display the below error: the truth value of a Dataframe is ambiguous. Use empty,a.bool(),a.item(),a.any(),or a.all()

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.