PrixRadar.IA: helping traders in West Africa know when and where food is cheapest

Hi everyone :waving_hand: I’m Malick, a Data Analytics & AI consultant from Natitingou, northern Benin.

I built PrixRadar.IA with Streamlit: an open prototype that turns 214,996 official WFP retail food prices (Benin, Togo, Niger, Senegal) into simple cues for traders and households: when food is usually cheapest, where it is cheapest (down to municipality level), and which products are volatile.

How it is built:

  • one tested Python module for all calculations, one JSON results file read by the app (st.cache_data)
  • five tabs (st.tabs) with Plotly charts, colour-blind-friendly palette plus ▼▲ labels
  • honest warnings in the UI: data freshness, low market coverage, “frozen” prices to check in the field

:link: App: https://prixradar-ia.streamlit.app
:laptop: Code: GitHub - malick2035/prixradar-ia: Repères de prix alimentaires (PAM) pour le Bénin, le Togo, le Niger et le Sénégal : quand et où acheter. Python, Streamlit, données ouvertes. · GitHub

My first user feedback says the app is too hard to understand for households, so I’m considering a “simple mode” (product + town → three plain sentences). I’d love your advice on UX for low-literacy, mobile-first users. Thanks!