PyCharm, Windows 10 & Streamlit

I just install Streamlit 0.48.1 within PyCharm and received the “successfully installed” notification. However, I am unable to run “streamlit hello” within PyCharm. When attempting to run “steamlit hello” from a terminal prompt in PyCharm I receive the message “‘streamlit’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.”

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am using PyCharm Profession 2019.2, Python 3.7.5 and Windows 10.

Thank you!

Run python3.7 -m pip install streamlit and check again? Maybe you installed it under 3.6.x if you still have it on your machine. Also just to be sure, double check if your interpreter in PyCharm matches your current Python version.

Thanks for your response. I confirmed that Streamlit is installed in Python 3.7. I ran python -m pip install streamlit from the following path: “C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Programs\Python37” and received the message of “Requirement already satisfied.” I also confirmed that my interpreter in PyCharm matches my current Python version. Python 3.7.5 runs from the following file extension “C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\python.exe.” The python files that I am attempting to run that contain the streamlit reference (import streamlit as st) are saved in the default library assigned by PyCharm which is “C:\Users\Name\Documents\PythonScripts”. I typed the “streamlit run my_filename.py” command from this default path (“C:\Users\Name\Documents\PythonScripts”) while in the PyCharm Terminal and receive the message “‘streamlit’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.” Do I have something configured incorrectly? Am I attempting to run streamlit from the incorrect file path?

Overall, it feels like Streamlit “gets lost” within the various file path’s.

Does the problem persist if you run it outside of PyCharm, from Windows terminal?

Yes. I receive the same results from the Windows terminal. Overall, I think this is a Windows issue as opposed to an issue with PyCharm. Are there other Windows users experiencing problems trying to run streamlit?

It appears that update 0.49.0 may have fixed the issues I was experiencing related to Windows. Thank you!

1 Like

No problem, wish I could help and save you some days!

Try writing the code in any simple editor then run it from terminal/cmd itself. It works fine! I don’t know about pycharm but streamlit do not support jupyter notebook as well so, better run the code in the traditional way by writing it using any editor like visual studio code or notepad etc. Hope it helps! :slight_smile: