🚀 RAGxplorer - Explore the embeddings of your RAG Documents! (GPT 4 + ChromaDB + Sentence Transformers)

Meet RAGxplorer - an interactive tool to visualize the retrieval techniques and diagnose which chunks are being retrieved. I hope this application is useful especially for those who are learning RAGs and exploring the embedding space of your documents.

Application

With RAGxplorer, you can:

1. Upload your own own PDF
  2. Configure the chunk size and chunk overlap
  3. Visualise where their query is in the embedding space, and the chunks that are a top-k match
  4. [NEW!] Experiment with Query Expansion techniques (e.g. multi-questions, hypothetical answer/HyDE)

Code is here:

Any feedback would be most appreciated!

63 Likes

Very cool! How did you store your API key?

2 Likes

Thanks!

To clarify, this version is not using any APIs yet. For now, the embedding model is hosted within the streamlit app & the vector db is in memory.

The vector db is chroma - which is great.

on api keys, you may find this blog post useful: 8 tips for securely using API keys

3 Likes

Good job!

The course looks very interesting too - thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

this is useful! hope to see the “bring your own embeddings” implemented soon!

2 Likes

great name, and great app!

3 Likes

Coming real soon!

1 Like

Does it support word doc?

2 Likes

Nope! The app only takes in a PDF (and it has to be a PDF with text, not a scanned text)

New update!

I also re-factored the code entirely for more modularity. The code is also now released under MIT License - please feel free to fork it.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your work! :pray:

2 Likes

Great repo! the code’s more modular compared to most streamlit apps i’ve seen

2 Likes

New features - text-embedding-ada-002 and gte-large embedding models!

2 Likes

@JacksonChin presently I’m working with my mother language tokenization model for creating my own embeddings

3 Likes

Nice! More multilingual tokenizers and language/embedding models will be great = )

2 Likes

To share more about what’s going on under the hood, the app uses umap to project these high dimensional embeddings into a 2D space for visualization.

https://umap-learn.readthedocs.io/en/latest/#

Once, again thank you to the streamlit team for hosting this competition.

Here’s the repo :package: I hope this helps folks building RAG applications!

For now, the best experience is to clone the repo and run this locally!

The vector database is an in-memory one (Chroma), and I suspect many people using it, or quitting the app while the vector database is being built, causes some issues. Some tweaks to the control flow and deployment may resolve that.

Any feedback for improvement would be most appreciated. I will still continue to work on this.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.