Setting Up Streamlit on Raspberry causing various Errors

Hey there everyone!

After being a great fan of streamlit for a good time now and having loads of fun with it in desktop enviroments, I’m currently trying to deploy an app on a Raspberry Pi (Idea is to have the raspberry collect data 24/7 and use Streamlit within the LAN to see the data-status whilst collecting)

Unfortunately I’ve run into a ton of issues with using Streamlit. A few are described here:

• Using PIP with Python 3.9 with the try of installing the newest version results in a PEP Error.
  • Using PIP with Python 3.8.4 with the try of installing the newest version results in a PEP Error
    The only Streamlit version i’ve been able to install is V0.62.0 (a version mentioned in older Raspberry PI forum entries.)

Are there any colleagues here, who have successfully launched streamlit on a raspberry pi and are able to share some experience on the process?

Thanks a lot!

1 Like
  • Which Raspberry?
  • Which OS?
  • 32 or 64bit OS?

Hi Franky,

thanks for asking. Failed to specify.

• Raspberry Pi 3 B+
  • Newest Rasbian 32bit - Lite version

I think the problem is the 32bit OS.
Streamlit has some dependencies, among others pyarrow, which only runs on 64bit OS.
Therefore i would try Raspbian Lite 64bit which should run on your raspberry.

1 Like

Thats a great tip! I’ll check that out and report my results later.

Hi SirVectrex, is the compatibility of Streamlit & Raspberry PI3+ resolved, Thank you in advance Mykeldel

@Mykeldel
Raspberry Pi 3B and beyond are capable of running 64bit OS, just use a 64bit OS instead of fiddling around on a 32bit OS.

https://www.raspberrypi.com/software/operating-systems/#raspberry-pi-os-64-bit

Thank you very much Franky1, I will try it next week. Kind regards, Michel

Side note: when I set up Streamlit on my Raspberry Pi 3, I had to use miniconda to install PyArrow ahead of Streamlit. I’m sure there’s variation with what OS is used exactly, but just in case you hit that error, I thought I’d mention it… I also didn’t bother with 32-bit and just used 64-bit. (I think I used Manjaro on my latest setup, but I’d have to look.)

Hi mathcatsand,
Thank you very much for your help.
I wish you an Happy Easter Week-End,
Kind regards,
Mykeldel

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.