Sharepy with streamlit cloud error

Hello!

I recently discovered streamlit (Love it!) and have used it to design a quick app which helps automate a bunch of processes for those at work who aren’t very tech savvy.

As part of the app, I use sharepy to connect to the work sharepoint and pull some data, in this format.

s = sharepy.connect(‘work.sharepoint.com’, ‘username@domain’,‘app password’)
string=s.get(‘sharepoint file location’)

Which I then manipulate using pandas.

This all works a treat when done locally, but when deployed to the streamlit cloud ends up returning an error.

I’ve added a requirements.txt file for sharepy which fixed ModuleNotFound, but the program is still not working!

(Would any of these also need to be in the requirments.txt?)
streamlit
csv
from PIL import Image
time
io
sharepy
pandas

If anyone knows of a potential issue or reason why there’s a disparity between my local code working and the cloud, that would be amazing.

Cheers,
Efan

Hey @Efaneh , thanks for submitting your issue. Welcome to the community! I’m glad you’re loving streamlit :slight_smile:

What would be the terminal logs in streamlit cloud?

Hi Will,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

Didn’t realise that that the cloud had it’s own logging functionality (showing my green-ness) since I’ve got an overarching try-catch to avoid scaring people with error messages.

Removed that and found the cause of the issue, I needed to add openpyxl to the requirements file since it’s included in pandas.

Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woo! Glad you were able to figure it out! :slight_smile: Thanks for posting! We love community problems and hearing about them!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.