Specify requirements.txt

I am using Streamlit to make a monitoring dashboard for my ml model. I have created a separate dashboard-requirements.txt file for that. Is there a way I can specify streamlit cloud to use this. When creating the app, it doesn’t show any option and by default goes for requirements.txt

Hi there @ishandandekar ,

In Streamlit Community Cloud, the name of requirements file for the Streamlit app must be requirements.txt. You can always rename the other requirements files you might have (e.g, requirements-model.txt)

There is no other way?

Where ist the problem?

https://docs.streamlit.io/streamlit-community-cloud/get-started/deploy-an-app/app-dependencies

I already have a requirements.txt that I am using for my machine learning model workflow that has libraries that do not help in making the dashboard. I was thinking of creating a different requirements.txt which only has dependencies for the dashboard only, hence the question. Is there a way I can do this? Else, can I deploy the app as a Docker container?

Hey @ishandandekar ,

At this point, I’d suggest 2 solutions.

1.) Merge both files together. I don’t see why you have an issue merging both requirements.txt files together into 1 requirements.txt. This would help provide libraries for both parts of your app and reduce space needed on the server.

2.) If you’re super specific about having a different requirements.txt files, just create 2 different apps and embed them together. Feel free to check this documentation out: Embed your app - Streamlit Docs

This way, you’d have your files sorted out and be more organized. Though, I would recommend the 1.) solution in case you are transferring data through both components without any api routes.

As a hack, I was thinking to make a branch with just the modules and codes for the dashboard. Will this work? I think streamlit supports to serve code from any branch of the repo. I don’t know if this is a good practice or not. Please notify if you see any problem with this solution!

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.