Streamlit drag and drop capping at 200MB, need workaround

I’ve deployed a streamlit app through github, however I am tring to increase the 200 MB limit of the drag-and-drop. I’ve tried “streamlit run app.py – server.maxUploadSize=400”, however that only works when I run the app from the terminal, and not when I deploy the app.

If streamlit is not the right framework/tool for supporting a dashboard app of data +200MB, please let me know which tool is recommended!

Hi @vmlr1098, welcome to the Streamlit community!! :wave: :partying_face:

Streamlit provides four different ways to set configuration options, and setting them as flags on the command line when running streamlit run is one of them.

When deploying your app, you’ll want to set the maxUploadSize config option in a .streamlit/config.toml file uploaded to your GitHub repo containing the following:

[server]
maxUploadSize = 400

Once you create the .streamlit/config file with the above contents, the upload limit of st.file_uploader per file should be set to 400 MB.

Happy Streamlit-ing! :balloon:
Snehan

1 Like

Hi, thank you for responding. I’ve created the config.toml file and when I run it locally, my upload size is up-to-date (400). However, I soon as I deploy it through github, the MB goes back to 200.

I created a .streamlit folder with the config.toml file in github and git pulled/pushed from the terminal of my app.

I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong???

Hi @vmlr1098,

I’d suggest deleting the app and redeploying it. When I deploy a fork of your repo, the file uploader widget picks up the 500MB limit from .streamlit/config.toml.

Best,
Snehan

Thank you so much!!! (:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.