Streamlit run uber_pickups.py

Hi :slight_smile:

I hope someone can help me out with this issue:

Im trying to run streamlit run uber_pickups.py in terminal, when Streamlit opens ups (or using http://localhost:8507), I get this error:

NameError: name ‘null’ is not defined
Traceback:

File "/Users/romarubio/opt/miniconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/streamlit/ScriptRunner.py", line 322, in _run_script
    exec(code, module.__dict__)File "/Users/romarubio/uber_pickups.py", line 255, in <module>
    "execution_count": null,

Hey @Roma-Rubio, welcome to the forums!

I guess in your script you meant to type None instead of null. Could you try that and tell me how it goes?

Thanks @okld :slight_smile:

Actually I am not sure if I can use Jupiter notebook as code editor to use python in Streamlit, or should I use Visual Code or Pychar?

One strong benefit of using streamlit is that you can use the full-featured IDE of your choice, and get live updates in your browser. To be honest, I see (and use) streamlit as a very good alternative to jupyter notebooks.

But I want to use Streamlit to create an app to my machine learning projects, so…Streamlit can not we used to that purpose of creating machine learning models, and use sciklearn, pandas, numpy…is that correct?

One of streamlit’s main goals is to give you the tools to build beautiful ML web apps easily and quickly. So you can definitely use it to create and play with machine learning models using the libraries you want.

Hi @Roma-Rubio, welcome to the community!

It might be helpful to take a step back for a second. Can you post the code that you wrote, so we can evaluate what the problem might be?

The talk of which editor to use is mostly an unrelated issue: the workflow is having a Python script (in your case, uber_pickups.py) and running it using streamlit run uber_pickups.py. What text editor you use to input text doesn’t change what code is run.