Streamlit st.dataframe size limit, bad message format (tried to use session info before it was initialized)

I have a streamlit app which displays >5000 rows of data in the app. The app runs successfully in the local, but when deploying to the server, it has error saying cannot connect to server. I think it’s the size issue since if I decrease the size to 1000, it doesn’t give me the error.

I wonder if there’s any solution to solve this? Displaying the whole dataset is a key function for my tool.

Thank you! This is a bit urgent so wonder to get your help.

Hi @Eva_S, one thing what you could try is use caching: Caching can help improve the performance of your app by storing frequently accessed data in memory, reducing the number of requests to your server.

I used st.cache_data, so it should not be the storing data issue.

I just upgraded to 1.20.0 (previously using 1.18.0), the dashboard now solves the problem half way:

1. it first stops and gives this error
  2. then after clicking the ‘Done’, the data is shown in the app correctly.

How can I avoid this bad message format error?

Report back to this thread:

I shrinked the amount of data I load into the frontend in data model, and this problem solved. The app is not suitable for too large amount of data.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.