Streamlit Update Problem

Summary

Unable to upgrade Streamlit from 1.12.0 to 1.16.0 on the windows 10 server.

I tried the following:
pip install streamlit --upgrade
pip3 install streamlit --upgrade
pip install streamlit==1.16.0

Nothing works. Even turned off the anti-virus and retried.

I get errors such as: ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement streamlit==1.16.0

The installation defaults to 1.12.0

Debug info

• Streamlit version: (1.12.0)
  • Python version: (3.9.5)
  • Using pip
  • OS version: Windows 10
  • Browser version: Microsoft Edge Version 108.0.1462.76 (Official build) (64-bit)

Is there a reason why streamlit doesn’t upgrade?

Thanks in advance,

There is a variety of reasons why that could happen, including (among others) several kinds of network issues. There must be more relevant details in the output of pip.

Hey @Shawn_Pereira,

Seems like an issue with your dev environment.

Can you please try the following steps?

1. Uninstall the current version of Streamlit using pip uninstall streamlit (could be pip3 in your case, maybe check both)
  2. Clear the pip cache using pip cache purge
  3. Try installing streamlit now, it should automatically install version 1.16.0 (as of today)
  4. If the above steps do not work, you can try installing Streamlit in a virtual environment to isolate any conflicts with other package dependencies.

Hope this helps! :balloon:

Thank you @Goyo and @ineelhere, for helping out. The solution was something different, though. I am mentioning it here in case someone else needs it.

Streamlit 1.16.0 does not work with Python 3.9.7. It only works with Python 3.9.5 (or probably anything above Python 3.9.7). This got tested on multiple machines.

Cheers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.