- I want to run a Streamlit app within a virtual environment.
- I have installed Streamlit for the base Python interpreter, and then create a new virtual environment like:
virtualenv someEnv --system-site-packages
- Expectation is that packages installed for the base interpreter are available in
- Some specific software is required in the virtual env, but can’t be on the base interpreter. We activate
someEnvand install the necessary packages like
pip install somePackage.
somePackageis used by the Streamlit app.
someEnvactivated produces a
Module not founderror for
- I can verify some package is installed by opening an interpreter and importing
- Installing Streamlit in
someEnvwhile it is installed for the base interpreter produces no change.
- Uninstalling Streamlit for the base interpreter and then re-installing in
someEnvallows the app to run and find
Is this expected behaviour?
Why would using a system-installed version of Streamlit in a virtual environment prevent the app from finding packages installed in a virtual environment if that virtual environment also has access to system site packages?
Any guidance would be much appreciated!