Ubuntu, Streamlit 1.29 : enable javascript to run message even for helloworld with curl

I have a simple helloworld streamlit app. I am using streamlit 1.29 and running it on Ubuntu 22, python 3.10


1. streamlit hello

Collecting usage statistics. To deactivate, set browser.gatherUsageStats to False.


  Welcome to Streamlit. Check out our demo in your browser.

  Network URL: http://<ipaddress>:8502

2. curl http://<ipaddress>:8502

<!doctype html><html lang="en"><head><meta charset="UTF-8"/><meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1,shrink-to-fit=no"/><link rel="shortcut icon" href="./favicon.png"/><link rel="preload" href="./static/media/SourceSansPro-Regular.0d69e5ff5e92ac64a0c9.woff2" as="font" type="font/woff2" crossorigin><link rel="preload" href="./static/media/SourceSerifPro-SemiBold.5c1d378dd5990ef334ca.woff2" as="font" type="font/woff2" crossorigin><link rel="preload" href="./static/media/SourceSansPro-Bold.118dea98980e20a81ced.woff2" as="font" type="font/woff2" crossorigin><title>Streamlit</title><script>window.prerenderReady=!1</script><script defer="defer" src="./static/js/main.ca9076db.js"></script><link href="./static/css/main.77d1c464.css" rel="stylesheet"></head>
<body><noscript>You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.</noscript><div id="root"></div></body></html>

Any help is highly appreciated.

Not sure I understand what you need help with. You are getting the same HTML that a browser would get, and yes, you need JavaScript to make it work. It is not a message, it is the HTML.

I have put the curl response in the question to isolate the browser setting issue. I know it’s a html.

Also I get the same response in the browser too and I have enabled the JavaScript.

It is still unclear to me what do you need help with. Is there a “browser setting issue”? Does your browser not render the application correctly?

Were you able to sort this out? How did you fix this issue?

Hi, I have the same issue and yes, the browser doesnt render the page. In my case, the page is blank. In HTML source code of the blank page is similar text as @deee :

<!doctype html><html lang="en"><head><meta charset="UTF-8"/><meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1,shrink-to-fit=no"/><link rel="shortcut icon" href="[./favicon.png](https://XXXX.com/favicon.png)"/><link rel="preload" href="[./static/media/SourceSansPro-Regular.0d69e5ff5e92ac64a0c9.woff2](https://XXXX.com/static/media/SourceSansPro-Regular.0d69e5ff5e92ac64a0c9.woff2)" as="font" type="font/woff2" crossorigin><link rel="preload" href="[./static/media/SourceSansPro-SemiBold.abed79cd0df1827e18cf.woff2](https://XXXX.com/static/media/SourceSansPro-SemiBold.abed79cd0df1827e18cf.woff2)" as="font" type="font/woff2" crossorigin><link rel="preload" href="[./static/media/SourceSansPro-Bold.118dea98980e20a81ced.woff2](https://XXXX.com/static/media/SourceSansPro-Bold.118dea98980e20a81ced.woff2)" as="font" type="font/woff2" crossorigin><title>Streamlit</title><script>window.prerenderReady=!1</script><script defer="defer" src="[./static/js/main.cc5b8325.js](https://XXXX.com/static/js/main.cc5b8325.js)"></script><link href="[./static/css/main.77d1c464.css](https://XXXX.com/static/css/main.77d1c464.css)" rel="stylesheet"></head><body><noscript>You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.</noscript><div id="root"></div></body></html>

The app is dockerized and the image is working on local PC. Then I deploy to our compady Kubernetes cluster and this “error” page pop up. What @deee tries to say is that the

enable javasript

is not the problem of a web browser but the app itself

I don’t see how having the enable javascript in the HTML is a problem at all. If you look at the source of a working application you will find almost identical HTML, including this part:

<noscript>You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.</noscript>

Now of course a blank page is a serious problem, but it doesn’t seem related to the HTML, which looks fine to me.