Working with Jupyter Notebooks

Thanks @jbednar

I really like the discussion you have opened here :+1: And I learn a lot from it. Thanks.

I can see that I’m also coming from another background :-).

• I really seldom wan’t to show people intermediate code steps. I can see that some of my colleagues does. But those code cells with 20 lines of pandas or matplotlib are not really that usefull to me. That’s just my opinion. I would rather give a link to the source code and then show selected parts via st.echo() if neeed.
  • I’ve just started experiencing with Streamlit but I actually very much like the run all file hot reload feature with caching for data exploration and data engineering. With notebooks I get confused all the time on which cells have run in which order and the rerun all takes for ever. But that’s maybe just me.
  • And with notebooks I have all these hazzles all the time of managing kernels, jupyter extensions etc. where i spend a lot of time on Google and Stack overflow.
  • And I wan’t to deploy my things. That’s a part of my *definition of done’.

On another note I’ve started a comparision to Voila that you might be interested in. See How does Streamlit compare to Voila?

1 Like