App unable to deploy!

Hi, I tried to deploy my app on Streamlit Cloud but I am getting an error. The app was working fine when I had deployed it once and it is working even now on localhost. However, this is the error that I am getting now:

ModuleNotFoundError: This app has encountered an error. The original error message is redacted to prevent data leaks. Full error details have been recorded in the logs (if you’re on Streamlit Cloud, click on ‘Manage app’ in the lower right of your app).

File "/home/adminuser/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/streamlit/runtime/scriptrunner/script_runner.py", line 541, in _run_script
    exec(code, module.__dict__)File "/mount/src/adityaanimers/app.py", line 27, in <module>
    animes = pickle.load(open('assets/anime_list.pkl','rb'))

Here is the Github repo link: GitHub - adityank11/AdityaAnimeRS

To fix this error, you can install the pickle module on the Streamlit Cloud server using the following command:

pip install pickle -t /mount/lib/python3.9/site-packages

Once the pickle module is installed, you should be able to deploy your app on Streamlit Cloud without any errors.

Here are the steps on how to install the pickle module on the Streamlit Cloud server:

1. Go to the Streamlit Cloud console.
  2. Click on the “Manage app” button for your app.
  3. Click on the “Deployment” tab.
  4. Click on the “Edit deployment” button.
  5. Scroll down to the “Dependencies” section.
  6. Add the pickle module to the list of dependencies.
  7. Click on the “Save” button.

Once you have saved the changes, Streamlit Cloud will deploy your app with the pickle module installed.

Don’t bother to try this. Trying to install piclke will result in an error because it is already installed as part of the standard library and the described “Streamlit Cloud console” does not exist.

Ok, then how do I solve this error? @Goyo

Install the module that is not being found.

I have already included the pandas version 1.5.3 in my requirements.txt file. And I have confirmed that it is the correct version required for my project, it works fine on localhost. That did not solve my error.
@Goyo

Is pandas the module not being found? Note that your post doesn’t include that information.

This is the complete error log. @Goyo

Sometimes the installed version might not be what you expect. A couple of suggestions that can help you:

• Search the logs for messages related to the installation of pandas.
  • Add code that shows the actual version of pandas (pandas.__version__).

This is most likely because the object was pickled with pandas < 2.0.0, but is trying to be read with pandas >= 2.0.0 python - ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pandas.core.indexes.numeric' using Metaflow - Stack Overflow

If you update your requirements.txt to make sure that you’re using the same version of pandas that you used when pickling the file, that should resolve it.

ModuleNotFoundError: This app has encountered an error. The original error message is redacted to prevent data leaks. Full error details have been recorded in the logs (if you’re on Streamlit Cloud, click on ‘Manage app’ in the lower right of your app).

Traceback:

File "/home/adminuser/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/streamlit/runtime/scriptrunner/script_runner.py", line 534, in _run_script
    exec(code, module.__dict__)File "/mount/src/medivision/app.py", line 1, in <module>
    from flask import Flask, render_template, request

help me guys

Hi @NitinxEagle

Could you also share a reproducible code of the app so that others in the community can reproduce the error.

Looks like you forgot to install flask. Anyway I don’t think you can use flask in a streamlit app.

true

I had same issue what worked for me was that go to the main python file terminal and run this code pip freeze > requirements.txt this will update all he dependencies module in your requiremnet.txt file , after that try redeploying your streamlit app it should work

1 Like