Error does not seem to be in my code

Hello, my deployment on streamlit is getting this error:

Exception in thread ScriptRunner.scriptThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/threading.py", line 926, in _bootstrap_inner

self.run()

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/threading.py", line 870, in run

self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)

File "/home/appuser/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/streamlit/script_runner.py", line 182, in _process_request_queue

widget_states = self._session_state.as_widget_states()

File "/home/appuser/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/streamlit/state/session_state.py", line 435, in as_widget_states

return self._new_widget_state.as_widget_states()

File "/home/appuser/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/streamlit/state/session_state.py", line 188, in as_widget_states

for widget_id in self.states.keys()

File "/home/appuser/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/streamlit/state/session_state.py", line 189, in <listcomp>

if self.get_serialized(widget_id)

File "/home/appuser/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/streamlit/state/session_state.py", line 169, in get_serialized

serialized = metadata.serializer(item.value)

File "/home/appuser/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/streamlit/elements/multiselect.py", line 138, in serialize_multiselect

return _check_and_convert_to_indices(options, value)

File "/home/appuser/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/streamlit/elements/multiselect.py", line 121, in _check_and_convert_to_indices

return [options.index(value) for value in default_values]

File "/home/appuser/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/streamlit/elements/multiselect.py", line 121, in <listcomp>

return [options.index(value) for value in default_values]

AttributeError: 'numpy.ndarray' object has no attribute 'index'

main

Any idea how to sort this?

Did this used to work?

You may need to share your app code.

As a wild guess, if you are using a multiselect widget, and using a data frame or a numpy array as a list of options to the widget, try wrapping it in a list() call first.

2 Likes

Thanks, I tried this but to no avail. Might need to use an alternative deployment provider.

After some tinkering, this now works. Thanks for your help

Brilliant, good to hear!

Hello Iโ€™m seeing this problem too. What do you mean by wrapping it in a list() call?

It will very much depend on exactly what you are trying to do - this post was from a year ago, since which streamlit has changed enormously, and the original problem never actually included any example code or a follow-up to diagnose the actual problem.

And my suggestion was a wild guess based on the non specific error message shown.

However, if youโ€™d still like to try, it was based on this assumption:

You are using some sort of multiselect steamlit widget.

You are providing the options as an object like a numpy array or a pandas series or dataframe.

If so, try wrapping this object in a list() call - what this does is generate a python list from your object containing the options that you want to use in the widget.

For example, if your options were in the dataframe options_df then instead of using this as an argument to the streamlit widget, use list(options_df)

If this still doesnโ€™t make sense, or doesnโ€™t solve your problem, I think you would be best advised to start a new thread.

Best of luck :+1: