Error: FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'ffmpeg' even tough file is there

I’m trying to deploy an app that transcribes video’s, i tested the app locally and everything works perfectly fine and smooth without errors. However when I deploy the exact same scripts online, I get this error for some reason, everything is the same so I don’t understand why it doesn’t work.
the required packages are installed*

the error message when i try to deploy the app:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘ffmpeg’
the video is actually there, with the correct name (which i verified), but still doesnt work for some reason, please help.

Did you set up the dependencies correctly to install ffmpeg? @Franky1 has an example here

If you are still having problems, it would help to a link to your GitHub to understand your setup.

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, thank you for the help.
It was solved in a short time, I just had to install ffmpeg on the host machine. (before that it was only installed on my machine).
I could easily install it by creating a file called “packages.txt” on the host machine, and include ffmpeg in the packages.txt file.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.