No such file error while deploying application on streamlit

Hi i am getting this error while trying to deploy my app in streamlit cloud. here is the github repo of my application.
audiotranscription/app.py at main · Sudipta013/audiotranscription (github.com)
can yout kindly check what is the issue in the application. Thanks in advance.

Hey @sudipta_paul,

Can you share the full text of the error message (rather than a screenshot of the app)?

Hi @Caroline here is the error which i recieved on log:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/adminuser/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/whisper/audio.py", line 42, in load_audio

ffmpeg.input(file, threads=0)

File "/home/adminuser/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/ffmpeg/_run.py", line 325, in run

raise Error('ffmpeg', out, err)

ffmpeg._run.Error: ffmpeg error (see stderr output for detail)

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/adminuser/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/streamlit/runtime/scriptrunner/script_runner.py", line 562, in _run_script

exec(code, module.__dict__)

File "/mount/src/audiotranscription/app.py", line 19, in <module>

transcription = model.transcribe(audio_file.name, fp16=False, language='English')

File "/home/adminuser/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/whisper/transcribe.py", line 76, in transcribe

mel = log_mel_spectrogram(audio)

File "/home/adminuser/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/whisper/audio.py", line 111, in log_mel_spectrogram

audio = load_audio(audio)

File "/home/adminuser/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/whisper/audio.py", line 47, in load_audio

raise RuntimeError(f"Failed to load audio: {e.stderr.decode()}") from e

RuntimeError: Failed to load audio: ffmpeg version 4.3.6-0+deb11u1 Copyright (c) 2000-2023 the FFmpeg developers

built with gcc 10 (Debian 10.2.1-6)

configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version=0+deb11u1 --toolchain=hardened --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --incdir=/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu --arch=amd64 --enable-gpl --disable-stripping --enable-avresample --disable-filter=resample --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libaom --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libcodec2 --enable-libdav1d --enable-libflite --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libjack --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libmysofa --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librabbitmq --enable-librsvg --enable-librubberband --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libsrt --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi --enable-lv2 --enable-omx --enable-openal --enable-opencl --enable-opengl --enable-sdl2 --enable-pocketsphinx --enable-libmfx --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libdrm --enable-libiec61883 --enable-chromaprint --enable-frei0r --enable-libx264 --enable-shared

libavutil      56. 51.100 / 56. 51.100

libavcodec     58. 91.100 / 58. 91.100

libavformat    58. 45.100 / 58. 45.100

libavdevice    58. 10.100 / 58. 10.100

libavfilter     7. 85.100 /  7. 85.100

libavresample   4.  0.  0 /  4.  0.  0

libswscale      5.  7.100 /  5.  7.100

libswresample   3.  7.100 /  3.  7.100

libpostproc    55.  7.100 / 55.  7.100

sample-1.mp3: No such file or directory

Does the app throw the same error when you run it locally?

This should be the reason…

1 Like

Yeah, it sounds like that file is being uploaded via the st.file_uploader and that error is being thrown because that widget doesn’t return an actual file; it returns a file-like BytesIO object

1 Like

then is there any way by which i can access the file which i have uploaded using file_uploader?
i need to have the file to pass it in th transcribe() function.

You can save it as a temporary file.

1 Like

yes i tried that way and it worked actually as @Caroline mentioned the st.fileUploader return byteIO object so i think that file return type in bytes so i first saved the file in temporary location and used the path of the temfile as an arg. for transcribe function.
i found this topic recently…
File uploading and reading using st.file_uploader - :balloon: Using Streamlit - Streamlit

THNK YOU for the help @Franky1 @Caroline.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.