Facing problems while deploying the app

[     UTC     ] Logs for adityank11-adityamovierecco-app-83fkza.streamlit.app/
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
[09:39:47] 🚀 Starting up repository: 'adityamovierecco', branch: 'master', main module: 'app.py'
[09:39:47] 🐙 Cloning repository...
[09:39:49] 🐙 failed
[09:40:02] 🐙 failed
[09:40:14] 🐙 failed
[09:40:27] 🐙 failed
[09:40:39] 🐙 failed
[09:40:49] 🐙 Failed to download the sources for repository: 'adityamovierecco', branch: 'master', main module: 'app.py'
[09:40:49] 🐙 Make sure the repository and the branch exist and you have write access to it, and then reboot the app.
[09:42:27] ❗️ Streamlit server consistently failed status checks
[09:42:27] ❗️ Please fix the errors, push an update to the git repo, or reboot the app.

This is the issue that I am facing. I double checked my repository, and my app is working fine locally. In fact, my app was working fine on Streamlit Cloud before, but it went to sleep after 7 days. I tried deleting and re-running the app 2-3 times. That didn’t work either. How do I fix this?
Github repo link: adityank11/adityamovierecco (github.com) (app.py file is in the master branch)
Streamlit app link: Streamlit

There is nothing to run in your repo.

As I mentioned before, the app.py file is in the master branch and not the main branch.

Three times indeed, but I completely overlooked it. I forked and had the exact same issue when deploying. Then I made some changes in order to narrow down the issue, deleting and creating the application each time.

1. Made master the default branch, didn’t work.
  2. Deleted the main branch, renamed master to main, didn’t work.
  3. Deleted the .idea directory, didn’t work.
  4. Deleted .gitattributes, the app was sucessfully deployed. I got an error unpickling movie_dict.pkl, but that is a different matter.

So apparently there is something about your .gitattributes that Streamlit Cloud doesn’t like.

That’s strange. There were no pickling errors when I deployed the same app, last time. Also, the app is running without any error on localhost.

It might be just a different version of python. I don’t think you should worry about that for now.

The pickle files *.pkl are stored with Git LFS large file storage. AFAIK if you use Git LFS, the .gitattributes file is mandatory to track the files that are under Git LFS control. If you remove the .gitattributes file, this may lead to the unpickling error.

You need a .gitattributes file with at least this content:

*.pkl filter=lfs diff=lfs merge=lfs -text
2 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out! I finally found the source of my problem. My free tier usage of Git LFS has expired, due to which I am unable to host my app on Streamlit Cloud. (One of my pickle files is larger than 100 MB)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.