GPT-3 Sandbox -> New Community Project 🤝

Hi Everyone!

:rocket: We are the co-authors of a GPT-3 based book that aims to be a go-to manual for API users. The aim of the book is to provide the readers with the knowledge to get started with GPT-3 as well as the context of the growing ecosystem surrounding it. The book will be released by O’Reilly in early 2022.

:wrench: As part of the book resources, we’d like to introduce you to GPT-3 Sandbox - an open-source project to enable anyone to turn their GPT-3 app ideas into reality with few lines of Python.

:brain: GPT-3 Sandbox is built on top of Streamlit that takes care of hosting the endpoint and allows to create interactive UI for the web application all in Python.

:dart: This is a community-driven initiative and we’d love your support and contribution. We have prepared already an example email generation app that anybody can use via the sandbox repo.

:balloon: We’d love you to give the Sandbox a look and give us feedback / come up with more templates for applications.

Share the OpenSouce :heart: :
Github:star:: GitHub - Shubhamsaboo/kairos_gpt3
Introductory Video Series :loud_sound:: GPT-3 Sandbox - YouTube
Example Application :joystick:: https://share.streamlit.io/shubhamsaboo/gpt3_sandbox/gpt_app.py

:zap: Also here are our LinkedIns - feel free to connect with us! :blush:

Shubham
Sandra

Sending our v best,
Shubham & Sandra

2 Likes

Great idea!

I couldn’t try the app as I got an error. Is this expected?

Thanks
Charly

1 Like

Hey Charly,

For now, the application is limited to the people having access to GPT-3 API and want to create an end-to-end deployable application so that is expected.

Are you getting any other errors apart from that?

Thanks for trying it out! :pray: :pray:

Thanks @shubham_saboo

The error occured when I pasted my GPT3 API key. Do I need any other permissions to make it work?

Thanks
Charly

Hey Charly,

I rechecked the application is working fine. You don’t need any other permission once you have the API key. Following are the steps you can follow:

1. Get the API Key from your OpenAI account.
  2. Go to the GPT-3 Sandbox section, paste it and press enter.
  3. It will open the application page and you can try on the existing example application.

Hope this helps :pray:

Best,
Shubham

1 Like

I’ll retry shortly. Thanks @shubham_saboo :pray:

Charly

1 Like

So the key seems fine but as soon as I’m trying to paste anything in the box, it throws an issue:

I cannot see what the error is as the error log tracing is currently disabled.

Thanks
Charly

Hey Charly!

I just checked the logs, seems like your API Quota is exceeded that’s why you are getting this error.

Please check you API account details in the OpenAI dashboard.

Thanks,
Shubham

1 Like

Thanks @shubham_saboo.

I didn’t realise that API key expired! I’ve tried with another key and it seems to be working now :+1:

I’ll try your app more extensively in the comin days

Keep up the great work! :raised_hands:

Best,
Charly

1 Like