Guide for deploying to Snowflake Native Apps

I’m interested in playing with an app and seeing if I can get it to run on Snowflake. I’ve only run an app locally, and I’ve never deployed it. I don’t see anything in the deployment documentation about how to deploy to Snowflake.
Is there a guide anywhere that shows how to deploy an app into Snowflake?
Can I deploy an external app into Snowflake or do I have to develop the app from Snowflake?
Like, I have a Snowpark session object created in my app, but when you create a Snowpark object in Snowflake it has a “main” method with the session being passed in - is that how it would work for deploying an app?
I’ve read the Snowflake documentation on the file setup, but it’s pretty high level and I’m not 100% sure how to get from my app that’s cool into Snowflake the right way.

Thanks for any help! :slight_smile:

Hey @James_Martin,

This guide covers the full process of developing a Snowflake native app. Since you already have your Streamlit app written, you can sub your app code in when you get to the “Create the Streamlit App File” step.

This section covers the process of publishing and installing your app, while this doc details the process for creating a listing for your published app in the Snowflake marketplace.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions

Thank you! Unfortunately, my app requires privileges not currently available to be granted. Oh well! :slight_smile:
I guess it’ll just be my app for a while!

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.