Interactive map

Hello, it seems Streamlit hasn’t had the interactive map, that is to let users selects points/lines on the map.

Do you have any plans to create this function?

Thank you

Hi @doraemon123 -

Could you be more specific to the functionality you’re looking for? Ultimately, Streamlit is about providing the ability to integrate other Python and JavaScript libraries quickly into data applications, but we don’t implement too much functionality in the widgets themselves. Rather, we rely on those 3rd-party libraries like leaflet to have that functionality.

So if you can provide a bit more about what you are looking for, there might already be a solution in the community.

Best,
Randy

This is an older post but relevant to the functionality I need:

I want/need to click on an interactive map e.g. Folium, and return the XY coordinates back into my python flow. Essentially I want to click on a point on the map, and have those points go back to python to select infrastructure assets within [60] miles and plot them on the map and zoom to an appropriate extant. The coordinates returned to Python will also be used to select the nearest pricing point to build a financial model from.

2 Likes