Manager, Data Science - Streamlit
San Mateo, CA or Bellevue, WA
We’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world’s greatest data and applications platform. Our ‘get it done’ culture allows everyone at Snowflake to have an equal opportunity to innovate on new ideas, create work with a lasting impact, and excel in a culture of collaboration.
Streamlit is one of the most beloved open source tools in the Python data ecosystem, enabling data scientists and machine learning engineers all over the world to share their work through lightweight “apps.” In fact, these apps now enjoy over 1M distinct viewers every month!
Since its acquisition by Snowflake last year, Streamlit has continued to thrive, both as a community-driven open source product, as a first-party feature in Snowflake, a world-leading data cloud vendor.
We are now looking for a manager to lead Streamlit’s own internal data science team. This is a unique team of highly trained data scientists (and Streamlit fanatics) who provide constant monitoring and insights into the growth and performance of Streamlit and several other analytical products at Snowflake.
You will play an incredibly influential role, partnering with the product management team to help us better understand product usage and the future feature roadmap, as well as building out the tools we need for launching exciting, industry wide leading products.
Each project that the team works on, may leverage a variety of diverse interesting techniques that span the domains of data engineering, analytics, statistics, and machine learning.
In this role, you will both immediately lead a team of 5 data scientists, and be hands-on as a tech lead in this area. The manager will interact frequently with senior management, product managers, engineering managers, and designers. You will be a core partner to our product directors in shaping vision and will have a seat at the table for strategy, planning, and project execution. The ability to effectively communicate complex technical ideas to a wide audience is crucial.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Serve as the tech lead/manager of the Streamlit data science team in the Product organization, constantly using data to both improve the product and decision making.
- Mentor team members in areas of data engineering, analytics, statistics, and machine learning.
- Be hands on. You will have a project/s in which you are the primary data scientist responsible for the work. This will allow you to contribute both as a manager, and as an individual contributor.
- Partner with technical and business stakeholders to not only come up with solutions to stated problems, but encourage and enable the team to develop bottoms up ideas.
- Maximize the impact of the team, by making sure the data scientists have the best and correct context, and ensuring their skill sets are properly matched to the project.
- Grow the team, when appropriate. Convince job candidates on why Snowflake, and the product data science team is an awesome place to work
- Fluency in Streamlit! You guessed it. The team does a large part of their data analysis and presentation in Streamlit
- Masters Degree in Math/Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Science or related quantitative field
- 10+ years experience as a Data Scientist or similar position
- 5+ years of experience in building, managing, and leading a high-performing data science team
- Experience in using data science to optimize the user experience.
- Expert in both Python and SQL.
- Advanced knowledge/experience in machine learning. You not only know how to use a given algorithm, but you also know the math and statistics of how the algorithm works.
- Ability to communicate and influence complex ideas to cross-functional stakeholders.
The following represents the expected range of compensation for this role:
- The estimated base salary range for this role is $180,000 - $276,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake’s bonus and equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; at least 12 paid holidays; paid time off; parental leave; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?