Narbar update, now with less jumpiness

New in version 1.0.6 (navbar updates)

• Changed the sticky behaviour (if you want it at the top, like Streamlit ordering, declare it first) NOTE: The sticky_nav parameter moves the navbar to the top of the window, use sticky_mode = 'sticky' or sticky_mode = 'pinned' if you want it to be sticky, but it will be jumpy or pinned and not jumpy. If you want the Streamlit hamburger menu to appear with the navbar use hide_streamlit_markers=False
  • Can co-exist with the Streamlit hamburger menu now, as well as the status indicators (running/stop…)
  • Improved the centering and appearance
  • Can toggle the Streamlit markers on/off independently of the sticky nav setting
  • Bug fix with initial value with label and id provided (Thanks Daveography!)

Navbar Modes
Pinned Mode

Sticky (jumpy) Mode

Regular Mode

1 Like

Hello everyone,

As a forum moderator, I would like to remind you all of our community guidelines when posting, and insist on this bit here:

If You See a Problem, Flag It
Moderators have special authority; they are responsible for this forum. But so are you. With your help, moderators can be community facilitators, not just janitors or police.
When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. It encourages the bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it . If enough flags accrue, action will be taken, either automatically or by moderator intervention.

Making the forums a better place is a collective action. If you find any discussion out of place, don’t hesitate to flag and we will take appropriate actions and ensure everyone gets fair treatment!

If I find any further uncivilised discussion/disagreement, following our guidelines:

Please treat this discussion forum with the same respect you would a public park. We, too, are a shared community resource — a place to share skills, knowledge and interests through ongoing conversation.

You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But remember to criticize ideas, not people . Please avoid:

• Name-calling
  • Ad hominem attacks
  • Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
  • Knee-jerk contradiction

Nothing sabotages a healthy conversation like rudeness:

• Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
  • Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
  • Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
  • Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.
    These are not concrete terms with precise definitions — avoid even the appearance of any of these things. If you’re unsure, ask yourself how you would feel if your post was featured on the front page of the New York Times.
    This is a public forum, and search engines index these discussions. Keep the language, links, and images safe for family and friends.

I will be forced to lock conversations and ban users. I am now removing any text/post in violation of our guidelines.

I am now DMing each one of you for private feedback on your concerns.

Have a nice day,
Fanilo

2 Likes