New Component: streamlit-labelstudio, allows you to embed the Label Studio annotation frontend into your application!

Hi all! I created a first implementation of a Label Studio bidirectional component - let me know what you think! It’s still a bit rough around the edges, but this allows you to easily embed the Label Studio annotation frontend into Streamlit applications!

6 Likes

Hey @fungidick,

This looks cool! I haven’t worked with Label Studio but I’m going to give your component a go!

Happy Streamlit-ing!
Marisa

1 Like

Great, let me know how it went!

Maybe I didn’t make this clear enough, but based on a very simple config, Label Studio allows you to annotate images, time series, text etc to create datasets for ML/DL. It’s a very versatile tool, so kudos to the Label Studio team!

Git with an example app: GitHub - deneland/streamlit-labelstudio: A Streamlit component that provides an annotation interface using the LabelStudio Frontend.

I’m new to JavaScript and packaging my projects, so any input is very welcome!

This looks awesome @fungidick ! I’ll have to try this too so I can recommend users drawing ROI boxes with my Drawable Canvas to use yours instead :tada:

Feel free to add it to the Components Tracker!

1 Like

Thanks @andfanilo ! I have experimented with your Drawable Canvas tool as well, and while it’s perfect for some applications, for detailed annotations on images it’s not ideal. That triggered me to try to create this component though, so in a sense, your component inspired me to try and implement this :slight_smile:

As a nice bonus, Label Studio not only handles images, but also text, timeseries, audio, pairwise annotations etc.

I added this to the Component Tracker, thanks for the tip!

3 Likes

Yep I really want to try it on some audio, maybe I can finally annotate some key/tempo changes in music with this :stuck_out_tongue: !

Do you plan to release a demo app on Streamlit Share btw?

I haven’t tried Streamlit Share yet, but I was indeed thinking about a simple demo app. Still figuring out what exactly that would be though.

I’ll probably come up with something in the coming days/weeks - when I find the time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oooooh very interesting. :+1: I’m currently trying to build some annotation tool manually with the bokeh events component.
Are there any screenshots around? Wonder what this looks like integrated into streamlit …

1 Like

Currently no screenshots - I’ll make sure to provide some in the near future.

For now, feel free to have a look here to get a feel for the different types of interfaces - you can open up a preview/playground from there. The annotation interfaces in Streamlit should look identical (in theory at least :wink: ). Haven’t tried them al yet though.

1 Like