Not able to install streamlit

i tried “pip install streamlit” on pycharm, jupyter and cmd also but i am not able to install it. newbie this side, please help with a detailed answer about how to install it.

this is the error which comes while installng streamlit.

Collecting streamlit
Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘ConnectTimeoutError(<pip._ven
dor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x04CCEB80>, ‘Connection to pypi.org timed out. (connect timeout=15)’)’: /simple/
streamlit/
Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘ConnectTimeoutError(<pip._ven
dor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x04CCEFB8>, ‘Connection to pypi.org timed out. (connect timeout=15)’)’: /simple/
streamlit/
Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘ConnectTimeoutError(<pip._ven
dor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x04CCE658>, ‘Connection to pypi.org timed out. (connect timeout=15)’)’: /simple/
streamlit/
Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘ConnectTimeoutError(<pip._ven
dor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x04CCEF70>, ‘Connection to pypi.org timed out. (connect timeout=15)’)’: /simple/
streamlit/
Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘ConnectTimeoutError(<pip._ven
dor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x04CCE808>, ‘Connection to pypi.org timed out. (connect timeout=15)’)’: /simple/
streamlit/
Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement streamlit (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for streamlit

update your python version

my python version in 3.8, the latest version.

I had trouble installing streamlit with Python 3.8. However, it worked for me with Python 3.7.5.

2 Likes

yeah same thing happened with me, it worked with python 3.7.5

Hi all!

I can’t reproduce the issue on my machine, but I wonder if this was a transitory issue. If you try again, do you still see the same behavior?

Also, based on the logs you sent, it looks like you’re using a proxy. I found a question on StackOverflow with a similar issue (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56628194/sslerror-installing-with-pip/56628419) and some very promising-looking answers :slight_smile:

Let me know if this helps!

I’m getting the same error with Python 3.7.6 (latest anaconda build).

I am going across a proxy but can install other packages just fine. The error I’m getting is:

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement streamlit (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for streamlit

I downloaded streamlit 0.54 from PyPi as a wheel and attempted to install it, getting the resulting errors:

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement base58 (from streamlit==0.54.0) (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for base58 (from streamlit==0.54.0)

1 Like

Hi @gnomic,

This error is an HTTP connection issue. Pip is having trouble connecting to pypi.

The underlying problem might be a firewall problem on Windows, or it might just be that your internet connection is flaking out on you. Sometimes these issues resolve on their own if you wait, or if you restart your WiFi or ethernet router.

It’s odd that other libraries have installed just fine, although that may only mean that they’re being drawn from a pip cache on your computer.

If you’re still having these problems, can you comment as to whether you can install another random library you’ve never installed before? E.g. “sensate” or “illuminate” (two open source libraries I made that it would be really rare for you to be using!)