Sporadic page refreshes randomly when hosted in the Streamlit community cloud

Noticed that the streamlit page frequently refreshes, seemingly sporadically, even when there is no user interaction with the app. This happens randomly, usually once every 4-5 minutes. I can have the streamlit app open in some background tab and still see refreshes in the logs. I believe this problem only happens when the app is hosted in the streamlit cloud and I dont have that same problem on my local machine. I am using the latest streamlit 1.11.

Hi @alexl

Sorry to hear you’ve experienced that issue, and thanks for reporting it :pray:

The issue seemed to be caused by a bug invalidating the anonymous users’ sessions whenever someone disconnected Github from their account.

That bug was fixed today and released, so users should not encounter the issue anymore, yet please let us know if you’re still experiencing it.

Happy Streamlit-ing! :balloon:

Charly

Hi @Charly_Wargnier, thank you for the quick resolution! Should we redeploy the app with the latest version of the streamlit pip library or was it fixed at the cloud infrastructure level?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.