Streamlit Cloud apps refreshes automatically

Good day,

I have constructed some apps using Streamlit, and until now it was all perfect.

Right now, I am facing a problem with all the apps that are deployed through Streamlit Cloud.
The problem is that every app that I have created now automatically refreshes to the initial configuration, even if I am interacting with some widgets. This has caused a lot of trouble with the user experience of my apps. Even with the ones that previously worked without a problem.

It is not a matter of the browser compatibility, because I have tried using different browsers, and the problem repeats itself.

I don’t know it the problem is related to the memory of the app, or if there is any timing functionality behind that is causing it to constantly refresh.

I would appreciate if anyone could give me an insight into how to solve this issue.

Thanks for your help

1 Like

Hey @postdatacrc,
Thanks for reporting this issue! Your issue might be related to a race condition we had with Streamlit version 1.9 & 1.10 that sometimes leads to the widget state being dropped. We fixed it in 1.11 (see this PR). Is your app running with Streamlit 1.11?

Dear @lukasmasuch, thank you very much for your prompt response!

I was indeed using version 1.10. I will upgrade all my apps to version 1.11 to see if that solves my issue!

Thanks!

1 Like

I also have the same issue with my app refreshing even though I have version 1.11 installed.
The only issue is it refreshing nothing else. If you could help that would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

@MrOmega This seems to be a new issue since this is unexpected to happen in 1.11. It would be great if you could open a new issue on Github and add some information (video of the issue, code snippet to reproduce).

2 Likes

Thank you I will do just that tomorrow morning.

1 Like