Streamlit as an Azure App Service Code Deployment?

According to a few threads on here, it’s not straight forward to deploy a streamlit app on Azure. Since some of these threads are a little old, I wanted to know if any of it has changed.

More specifically, I’m interested in a Code deployment where (in theory) I select Python 3.x as a runtime, a code repository with a requirements.txt and Azure takes care of the entire deployment without any Docker involvement. I can’t get that working right now and the error log isn’t really informative.

Has anyone else got this going and can provide a little walkthrough?

1 Like

Hi Pietz,

I’ve created a simplified guide here: https://shorturl.at/nuFXY
Hope it can be helpful.

Cheers,
Gabe

Hi @gabedotpy,

The link doesn’t work. Could you share it again please?
Thanks!

1 Like

This approach still involves Docker stuff. In theory, the Azure Web App should be able deploy the code automatically from Github. At least, it works with Dash. But for some reason, it does not work for me either with streamlit.

I also added “streamlit run app.py” as a startup command in the Azure configuration tab, but nothing really happens. So can someone comment on this? Is streamlit compatible with Azure Web app code deployment feature or not? :slight_smile:

This is the best documentation I could find, to publish Streamlit apps on Azure App Service without Docker.

Deploying Streamlit Applications with Azure App Services – Ben Alex Keen